1. General Info – How do I get there? Where do I park?
This year’s event will start and finish near the Lakes Edge Adventure Playground (LEAP) which is located off Rippon Road.
From Warrnambool turn left onto the Ballarat Road and then turn right at the Lawn Tennis courts for Rippon Road. Follow the road all the way along the lake until you come to the playground.
From Ballarat proceed along the Ballarat Road into Hamilton until you see the Lawn Tennis courts. Turn Right here onto Rippon Road. Follow the road all the way along the lake until you come to the playground.
From Horsham/Portland/Port Fairy/Macarthur/Mt Gambier: Follow signs to Ballarat which will take you through Hamilton. Once you are on the Ballarat Road proceed until you see the Lawn Tennis Courts. Turn Left at the Lawn Tennis courts onto Rippon Road and follow the road all the way along the lake until you come to the playground.
There is plenty of parking space at the playground.
Public Toilets and BBQ facilities are located at the Playground.
1. General Info – What weather can I expect for the event?
The weather in the Western District can be variable to say the least. So come prepared for some rain and some glorious sunshine. Best check the local weather map before you leave home!
Average temperatures for November in Hamilton are Max 22° Min 11°
1. General Info – Are there cut off times?
All events need to be completed by 11:00am.
1. General Info – Event Distances
- 20km run
- 10km run
- 10km walk
- 4.2km run
- 4.2km walk
- 1.6km kids run
1. General Info – Event Date
Sunday 11 November 2018
1. General Info – Race Start Times:
- 20km run will start at 8:00am
- 10km run will start at 9:00am
- 10km walk will start at 9:05am
- 4.2km run will start at 9:30am
- 4.2km walk will start at 9:35am
- 1.6km run for kids will start at 10:00am
2. Registration Info – U/14 Entry
The under 14 competition will only be available in the 4.2Km race. Entrants must be under 14 as at the 11 November 2018 (race day).
Under 14 winners will not be eligible for the overall 4.2Km or 10km race unless they have entered as an adult. They cannot be eligible for both prizes.
2. Registration Info – Can I enter an entire family online?
Families can only enter online if they are participating in the 4.2km event. Those wishing to participate in a 20km or 10km run must enter as individuals.
2. Registration Info – Can I enter more than 1 adult at a time on the online entry form?
Legally we are not permitted to allow more than one adult to enter on the one entry form.
You can however enter up to 10 children on 1 adult’s entry.
2. Registration Info – Can I enter on the day?
Yes you can. Registrations will open at 7:30am. If you register on the day there will be a late entry fee of $10 regardless of the event. Please see the registration page for further details.
Cash is the preferred payment method on the day.
We recommend that you register online before the 8th November https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=31507
3. Sports Scholarship
A $250 sports scholarship will be on offer to an outstanding school age boy and girl sports person.
Applications and conditions for the Sports Scholarship are available from the website. Winners will be announced on the day.
4. Other Info – Will I be timed during my event?
If you’re running you’ll be timed. Oztiming will be doing the electronic timing again this year. Results will be published on their website shortly after the event and there will be a link to the results on our own website.
4. Other Info – What time do I need to be at the Start line?
We ask everyone to arrive at least an hour prior to your event to ensure you have plenty of time to pick up your race bib and join in a warm up.
4. Other Info – Race day checklist
Checklist for event day…..don’t leave home without the following
- Running/walking shoes
- Running/walking clothing
- Warm clothes to change into (rain jacket if required)
- Labelled bag to put your clothes in if you intend to leave them at the registration tent. You’ve no idea how much stuff gets left behind!
- Event info, that way you’ll know where to go, where to park and all that stuff.
4. Other Info – What should I wear?
Some runners – preferably ones that are suitable for track and road surfaces and some comfy running gear.
4. Other Info – I have a toddler, do they have to pay?
Kids under 4 years do still need to register and their entry fee is donated straight to the hospital for the Oncology redevelopment.
4. Other Info – Can I ride my bike alongside a friend who is running?
No. For safety reasons bikes etc are not allowed.
4. Other Info – Can I push a pram in the event?
Prams and wheelchairs are fine. But no bikes, skateboards or rollerblades. You’ll have to wait till you get to the skate park to use them.
4. Other Info – Can I bring my dog or other pet to run/walk with me?
No, Fido will have to sit and stay at home. Unfortunately for safety reasons animals are not permitted on the course.
4. Other Info – What will the entry show on my credit card?
Once you’ve registered for the Hamilton Fun Run, your credit card statement will show Hamilton Fun Run as the debtor.
4. Other Info – What’s the course like?
All the events start in front of the fantastic Lakes Edge Adventure Playground, (LEAP) at Lake Hamilton (see map for directions).
The gravel track takes you around the beautiful Lake Hamilton, if you are doing the 10km and 20km run you will then run along the path of the Grangeburn river. The 20km runners will do the run twice along the Grangeburn and around the lake.
Please refer to the maps located on the website.
4. Other Info – What happens if I can’t run on the day?
No problem. You don’t need to notify the organisers. Unfortunately once you have paid your entry fee it is non-refundable.